The MODPlug Player by Olivier Lapicque is an all-in-one player for MODule music files. MODPlug Player contains many ways to enhance the sound as well as the appearance. Included in the list of standard features is a Graphical Equalizer with presets so that you can shape the sound to your liking. In addition, you can control the mixing, resampling, Reverb, Dolby Surround, Extended Bass, Automatic Gain Control, and the sound card driver that is used for the MODPlug Player. The MODPlug Player supports MMX acceleration as well as DirectSound. You can even use the "Mixing Panel" to mix two MOD files like a DJ!
In addition to simply supporting a great deal of different file formats, the MODPlug Player allows you to customize the sound to your liking through a variety of different features. It contains a Graphic Equalizer that gives you control over various frequencies, allowing you to shape the sound of the music to fit your taste as well as your sound system. Once you find the setting that you prefer for the EQ, you can save it under a variety of programmable buttons for easy access. It also supports Dolby Surround Sound, for systems that support it, as well as for songs that support it. You can control Reverb in a song to give it a more 'live' feeling, as well as use the Bass Expansion feature in case the song doesn't pump your speakers enough. The MODPlug Player uses various types of resampling to make the song sound as best as it can, removing annoying clicks that can sometimes be present in music MODules. A feature called Automatic Gain Control insures that no matter how loud the song was recorded, it will always play back at the same volume level on your system.
The MODPlug Player's Playlist feature allows you to load multiple songs into the player for sequential or random playback. The Playlist Editor allows you to rearrange the songs in the Playlist, Shuffle the playlist, and add or remove songs to the playlist. You can add entire directories at a time, or one song at a time. The Playlist can be saved as a file so that when you open the Player, it begins to play the songs in the list immediately, or, to catalogue the songs that you have in groups of different genres.
In order to save space on your Hard Drive, the MODPlug Player has some features to keep the size of each song down. Firstly, you can use ZIP, RAR or LHA to compress the MODule files, and still be able to load them directly into the MODPlug Player without having to uncompress them first. In addition to this, the MODPlug software has its own compression system which allows you to 'pack' the songs down even further, either to save space on your hard drive, or make the song manageable as background music on your web page for use with the MODPlug plugin. Using a combination of the internal compression and ZIP, RAR or LHA, you can make each of your songs at least 45% smaller in file size.
- *.669: UNIS 669, 669 Composer modules.
- *.AMF: Asylum / DSMI modules.
- *.AMS: Velvet Studio AMS 1.x modules.
- *.DBM: DigiBooster Pro modules.
- *.DSM: DSIK internal format modules.
- *.FAR: Farandole Composer modules (beta).
- *.IT: Impulse Tracker modules.
- *.MED: OctaMed modules.
- *.MDL: DigiTracker 1.x modules.
- *.MOD: ProTracker modules (4-32 channels, 15/31 samples).
- *.MOL: Module lists, compatible with MOD4WIN.
- *.MTM: MultiTracker modules.
- *.NST: NoiseTracker modules.
- *.OKT: OktaLyser modules.
- *.PTM: PolyTracker modules.
- *.S3M: ScreamTracker III modules.
- *.STM: ScreamTracker II modules.
- *.ULT: UltraTracker modules.
- *.UMX: Music files from the game, "Unreal".
- *.WOW: Grave Composer modules.
- *.XM: FastTracker modules.
- *.WAV: Wave Files (smaller than 16MB).
- All the above when zipped (*.MDZ, *.S3Z, *.XMZ, *.ITZ, *.ZIP).
- All of the above when compressed with RAR (*.MDR, *.RAR)
© 1996-2017, MODPlug Central
Home | Play Sudoku | Random Song Title Generator | MPC Resources | The MOD FAQ
© 1996-2017, MODPlug Central